Mission Statement: To create best data analytic algorithms, systems, and applications that help solving important healthcare problems.
Jimeng Sun is an Associate Professor of School of Computational Science and Engineering at College of Computing at Georgia Institute of Technology.
His research interests are on data mining and machine learning for health applications especially analysis of electronic health records (EHR):
- Computational phenotyping from electronic health records.
- Large-scale predictive modeling system
- Deep learning for healthcare
- Temporal modeling of electronic health records
- Tensor analysis
- 9/14/2016, Check out our upcoming paper at NIPS'16 about interpretable deep learning model and applications to healthcare predictive models
- 8/15/2016, check our deep learning research for healthcare
- Recurrent Neural Network for Heart Failure Onset Prediction, JAMIA 16
- Doctor AI, arXiv:1511.05942 [cs.LG]
- Med2Vec, KDD 16
- 10/1/2015, NSF CCF:XPS award on "A Parallel Tensor Infrastructure (ParTI!) for Data Analysis" (750K, co-PI)
- 6/20/2015, Sunlab got 1 KDD'15 paper, 2 AMIA'15 papers and 2 AMIA'15 poster. More details to come.
- 3/11/2015, Jimeng Sun received Google Faculty Research Award. Thanks, Google!
- 9/1/2014, NSF SCH INT award on High-throughput Phenotyping on Electronic Health Records using Multi-Tensor Factorization with $2.1 million (my portion 640K) as the lead PI (check out our project site)
Recent Representative Publications
My research cover Algorithm [Alg], Application [App], System [Sys]
[App] Edward Choi; Andy Schuetz; Walter F Stewart; Jimeng Sun "Using recurrent neural network models for early detection of heart failure onset" Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association 2016; doi: 10.1093/jamia/ocw112
[Alg] Edward Choi, Mohammad Bahadori, Elizabeth Searles, Catherine Coffey, Michael Thompson, James Bost, Javier Tejedor-Sojo,and Jimeng Sun. “Multi-layer Representation Learning for Medical Concepts.” KDD 16. [code]
[App] Edward Choi, Mohammad Taha Bahadori, Andy Schuetz, Walter F. Stewart, and Jimeng Sun, "Doctor AI: Predicting Clinical Events via Recurrent Neural Networks", arXiv:1511.05942 [cs.LG]
[Alg] Yuyu Zhang, Mohammad Bahadori, Hang Su, and Jimeng Sun, “FLASH: Fast Bayesian Optimization for Data Analytic Pipelines”, KDD 16 [code]
[Alg] Yichen Wang, Robert Chen, Joydeep Ghosh, Joshua C,Denny, Abel,Kho, You,Chen, Bradley,A. Malin, Jimeng; Sun. Rubik: Knowledge Guided Tensor Factorization and Completion for Health Data Analytics. KDD’15 [presentation, code]
Joyce Ho, Joydeep Ghosh, Jimeng Sun. Marble: High-throughput Phenotyping from Electronic Health Records via Sparse Nonnegative Tensor Factorization. ACM SIGKDD, 2014
Ho, Joyce C., Joydeep Ghosh, Steve R. Steinhubl, Walter F. Stewart, Joshua C. Denny, Bradley A. Malin, and Jimeng Sun. “Limestone: High-Throughput Candidate Phenotype Generation via Tensor Factorization.” Journal of Biomedical Informatics. Accessed August 8, 2014. doi:10.1016/j.jbi.2014.07.001.
[App] Jimeng Sun, Candace D McNaughton, Ping Zhang, Adam Perer, Aris Gkoulalas-Divanis, Joshua C Denny, Jacqueline Kirby, Thomas Lasko, Alexander Saip, and Bradley A Malin. Predicting Changes in Hypertension Control Using Electronic Health Records from a Chronic Disease Management Program. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association: JAMIA (September 17, 2013). doi:10.1136/amiajnl-2013-002033.
[Sys] Kenney Ng, Amol Ghoting, Steven R Steinhubl, Walter F Stewart, Bradley Malin, and Jimeng Sun. PARAMO: A Parallel Predictive Modeling Platform for Healthcare Analytic Research using Electronic Health Records. Journal of Biomedical Informatics 2013
- AMIA Distinguished Paper Semi-finalist 2015
- Google Faculty Award, 2015
- Amazon AWS in Education Research Award 2014
- IBM Master Inventor 2013
- IBM Research Accomplishment Award for Intelligent Care Delivery Analysis 2013
- KDD’12 Best Poster Presentation Award
- AMIA’10 Distinguished Paper Award nominee
- IBM Research Accomplishment Award for Service Quality Research 2009
- ICDM’08 Best Research Paper Award
- KDD’08 Dissertation Award (runner-up)
- SDM’07 Best Research Paper
- HKUST Academic Achievement Awards 2002
Curriculum Vitae (Last update: Jan 15, 2016)
Sign in to edit the website